Smart Media Technologies

Smart Media Technologies
Live your dream and JOIN NOW!!

Tuesday 28 February 2012

Lego Halo Warthog MOC

Hello viewing audience.

I know it has been a while since I last posted anything, so I thought I might start making posts on my new Lego Halo MOCs, in celebration of Halo's ten year anniversary.

The Warthog (or M12 Force Application vehicle), is effectively an indestructible Jeep with a giant machine gun mounted of the rear. The Warthog is the most reliable vehicle in the U.N.S.C.'s arsenal, and by far the most vesitile. There are many different alterations to the "Hog", including modifications for anti-infantry, anti-vehicle, infantry transport, medical assistance and reconnaissance. The three core models are as follows:
-LRV (Light Reconnaissance Vehicle [Warthog]) with an M41 12.7mm LAAG
-LAAV-G (Light Anti-Armour Vehicle-Gauss [Gausshog]) with an M68 25mm ALIM
-LAAV-R (Light Anti-Armour Vechile-Rocket[Rockethog]) with an M79 65mm MLRS

All in all, the Warthog is by far the most appreciated Vehicle in the U.N.S.C. armoury.


So, without further ado, here is my Lego Warthog.

 This is the overall look of my Warthog. You will notice that this is my LRV modification, however I do have a Gauss Cannon that can be exchanged with the M41 to modify the Hog into an LAAV-G. The key aspect that was very important to me is that is was to a decent scale, so that when I did place my U.N.S.C. infantry inside it, they didn't look too small or too large.
Note: the white stripe was unintended. I couldn't find any plates large enough to build the warthog in the right colour
 Here is the front of the Warthog, with the headlights, the functioning winch and the bars to connect the winch to the rest of the Hog. 
 A head on view of the Hog. I know there is a window where the windscreen should be. I couldn't find a piece that fitted the Windscreen frame of the Warthog, but I think the result was still okay.
 Here is a photo of the Warthog's M41 automatic turret. Speaks for itself really...
 Here is the passenger, a white Spartan wielding a U.N.S.C. Grenade Launcher. He may look like his is waving in this photo, but my intended purpose was to make him look like he was grasping the roll-cage.
Finally, the rear bumper and break lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment